Sunday, February 11, 2007

How Did He Do That?


I am EXTREMELY pressed for time this week and beyond tired, and I did not want more than a week to pass between posts. Therefore, my post today is a video of a Japanese magician who does the most mind-blowing trick. It takes a few minutes to watch and most of the language is Japanese, but you will get the idea.

Here is my question though: If this man can take the time and determination necessary to master this amazing trick, why can't politicians, heads of state, etc. sit down and talk rationally about solving some of the problems in today's society?

Enjoy the video!

2 comments:

Connecticut Man1 said...

They had an "international music thread" over at Crooks and Liars the other night, and I couldn't help but think you MIGHT enjoy the comment I dropped in there:

I grew up on this kind of music. Harmonium's demo version of "Pour Un Instant" (Nowhere near as good as the studio version off of their self titled album "Harmonium" but this quicktime demo version ain't too bad)

Pour Un Instant
Pour un instant, j'ai oublié mon nom
Ça m'a permis enfin d'écrire cette chanson

Pour un instant, j'ai retourné mon miroir
Ça m'a permis enfin de mieux me voir

Sans m'arrêter, j'ai foncé dans le noir
Pris comme un loup qui n'a plus d'espoir

J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter

Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps

Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avais accepté leurs lois

J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter

Pour un instant, j'ai oublié mon nom
Ça m'a permis enfin d'écrire cette chanson

I also love the song "Un musicien parmi tant d'autres" (Another demo version since I could not find the studio versions of either songs)

Femme Fatale said...

Thanks for the post; I'll be sure to check that out.

Thanks again for visiting and I hope eveything is OK at your blog
Peace